Bold Outdoors LLC (“Bold”) and the customer (“Customer”) identified in the accompanying Proposal agree:
- Acceptance of Proposal. Upon Customer’s written, electronic or verbal acceptance of the Proposal from Bold, the Proposal shall constitute a binding contract between Bold and the Customer which shall be governed by the terms set forth herein.
- Warranty does not cover discoloration or efflorescence of concrete based materials, stains caused by foreign substances, damage caused by extreme weather conditions (drought, excessive heat, flood, tornado or high winds), fire, vandalism, theft, animals, mechanical means, lack of or excess moisture or other factors beyond our control nor modifications or repairs done by the homeowner or anyone other than a Bold Outdoors LLC employee.
- The Customer agrees to provide all proper care related to plants and materials utilized at their property to ensure survivability, health and appearance of such materials. The success or failure of plants depends on their care, good soil, sufficient water and adequate drainage. These are necessary for plants to live and thrive, and are required in order for Bold’s warranty to be valid.
- Express limited Warranty: Limitation on Liability: Bold provides the following limited warranty on landscape labor and materials if the Customer abides by the proper care mentioned in #2 above.
- Plants will be replaced only once if after inspection it is determined that said plants died of no fault by the Customer. Replacement plants are not warrantied.
- Plant replacements are subject to availability. Sizes and varieties can be changed by Bold if original plant is not available.
- All plant warranty claims have a 2 month waiting period from time of installation. Plant replacement warranty is void for plants installed in June and July.
- Warranties are non-transferable.
- There will be no cash refunds.
- All warranties will be voided due to invoices or statements that have not been paid in full within 30 days of completion date. All past due accounts permanently void all warranties.
- The Customer is responsible for initiating all warranty claims in writing (letter, email or website contact form). Bold will visit the project site a maximum of two times during the warranty period to replace plant material or repair defects in workmanship. Any other trip to the site for these services will incur a $50 trip charge billed to the Customer.
- The warranty is restricted as noted in the sections below.
All shrubs and perennials are warranted for the full cost of labor and materials for a period of 1 year from the date of installation unless any of the plants are found on the following list whereas the warranty does not apply:
All trees are warranted for the full cost of labor and materials for a period of 6 months from the date of installation unless any of the trees are found on the following list or any of the specific situations are present whereas the full warranty does not apply:
- Flowering Dogwoods (not warrantied)
- Bracken’s Brown Beauty Magnolia (not warrantied)
- Deciduous trees of 3″+ or 10’+ multi-trunked clump trees will be covered at 50% cost of labor and materials to replace
- Evergreens of 8’+ will be covered at 50% cost of labor and materials to replace
Any replacements desired after the 6 month warranty has expired and within one year of the installation date can be requested. They will be covered at 50% cost of labor and materials to replace.
Due to the physical nature and viability of grass seed and sod there is no expressed or implied warranty on seed germination rates or coverage and sod survivability after installation.
Annual flowers are seasonal plants that rely on a number of environmental factors to succeed that are out of our control so there is no warranty associated with this category of plants.
All new irrigation systems and repairs will be warranted for a period of 1 year from the date of installation if the components are subjected to normal use. Physical damage caused by any source including weather, machines, people or animals are not covered under this warranty. This damage can be fixed and billed based on a labor and materials basis. If the irrigation system controller has been changed by the homeowner after the original installation and subsequent problems occur due to its manipulation then repair charges will apply.
There is no implied or expressed warranty for any drainage work performed on your property nor is there any guarantee against water leakage into buildings. Drainage systems are installed to aid in the effective dispersal of water away from sensitive areas, but they cannot be guaranteed as there are many other factors that affect water movement.
All block retaining walls installed by Bold Outdoors LLC are covered for a period of one year against faulty workmanship. This warranty only covers any installation settling that may occur through no fault of the customer.
All concrete paver patios, driveways or pathways installed by Bold Outdoors LLC are covered for a period of one year against faulty workmanship. This warranty covers any installation settling that may occur through no fault of the customer.
All materials used in outdoor living areas including, but not limited to, fire-pits, fireplaces, grills, appliances, shade structures are subject to the manufacturer’s warranty. All outdoor living features installed by Bold Outdoors LLC are covered for a period of one year against faulty workmanship. This warranty covers any installation settling that may occur through no fault of the customer.
Materials are subject to the manufacturer’s warranty. Workmanship is covered for a period of one year from date of installation. This warranty excludes outdoor fixture light bulbs.